By their very nature, endoscopes are prone to failure from many causes – overstressing, repeated sterilization, post-surgical handling or incomplete repair. Historically, testing the quality of endoscopes involved using very expensive instruments and the time of scientists or engineers. Attempts to simplify the equipment have resulted in incomplete measurements or results that do not correlate with the reports from users.
EndoBenchXTB™ is an endoscope image quality test system for scope manufacturing and repair QC testing. It is suitable for high production work environments. The instrument consists of a custom designed opto-mechanical system and software to evaluate and report the parameters that are central to a clinical environment. Adapters, couplers and fixtures are included for measuring rigid, flexible and video endoscopes.
EndoBenchXTB™ is configured as a bench-mounted system for users that do not require portability and prefer a heavy-duty opto-mechanical assembly.
EndoBench base model includes:
- EndoBench XTB™ test bench system w/rail assembly and components
- Machine vision computer (HP) – Windows 7 OS
- EndoBench™ v9.1 software; SQL (Access) database; Excel file support
- 15 inch touch screen display
- System connection modules (2 ea.) and cabling
- Full Size Keyboard and mouse
- Accessories (contained in a case)
- Schott LED Light Source w/ power supply, RS-232 Cable & Light Cable (Lightguide, Light Guide Adapter)
- Source Adapters – Instrument Adaptor(s) – 4 each
- 17mm Diopter Scale Endoscope Coupler, 27mm Diopter Scale Endoscope Coupler, 40mm Diopter Scale Endoscope Coupler
- Binder (book) of targets
- 1 year warranty.
Optional components include:
- Fixture for mounting camera at offset or off-axis position for measuring offset or angled rigid scopes
- Digital encoders for direction of view (DOV) and field of view (FOV) measurements
- Side-load scope tip mount for small diameter or flexible scopes
- Diopter at infinity – measurement of eyepiece diopter error for object at infinity
- Eyepiece runout – measures image wander when scope is rotated in endoscope video coupler
- Small size CCD sensor camera with mount